Happy Hump Day!
5. The Nuggets continue their home-stand tonight when they face, Sidney Moncrief, Paul Pressey and the Milwaukee Bucks. Oops, no, not those Bucks. So fresh. (More on the progeny of former Bucks later in this post.) Hopefully, Melo has mended a bit as he sat out Monday’s practice, in addition to the majority of their Sunday game.
4. The Avalanche was trailing in the 3rd period last night before Matty Duchene knotted things and “The Locker” deflected a shot in to give the home team a 2-1 lead. However, Dustin Bfluglein (last seen hoisting Stanley Cups with Blackhawks) sent the game into overtime where the Thrashers scored again for the victory. The single point puts the Avs temporarily back into first place, but the Canucks still have a couple games in hand.
3. So the December 1st college football recruiting period actually started this Sunday! Air Force Academy Coach and suddenly CU’s first choice, Troy Calhoun officially removed his name while he was out on the road recruiting. Atta boy, Coach! Keep ‘em coming down to the Springs! It does; however, appear that Eric Bienemy is continuing to look more and more like the top choice. A big athlete alumni organization, Buffs 4 Life (which I believe was started by former Buffs Charles Johnson and John Embree) put forth their official endorsement of EB. Sumpin’ tells me that by the weekend there will be a new head coach in Boulder.
Don’t worry, though, EB’s former QB, Darian Hagan, is currently out recruiting as we speak!
2. Exciting games in the NCAA last night. As mentioned yesterday, I was especially interested in watching Illinois (who easily dismantled UNC at home) and Missouri. The Tigers were getting pounded in the first-half by Georgetown and were down by 18 at one juncture. They fought back, though, took a late lead only to cough it back to a 3-pointer at the buzzer which sent the game into overtime. More Hoya 3’s did in Mizzou in the overtime period, but a great game, nonetheless, that ended, 111-102.
Gonzaga got healthy with a beatdown of EWU as did our boys from Boulder, who got a win over the mighty squad from UT-Pan American, 83-64. Tonight there are a couple doozies starting with top-ranked Duke facing off against #5 Michigan State followed by San Diego State (those bastards!) hosting the Gaels of Saint Mary’s College. The first of the two games will be pretty telling as I think Duke might be a LOT better than everyone this year and a convincing win over the Spartans would illustrate this point.
1. Daily Broncos Looksie. So, now what?!!? Upon further review, I guess that “stink” in regards to paying $6.5 million next year (if they fire JMcD) isn’t such a big deal, after all. I mean, last year, they paid all of Shanny’s $7 million during JMcD’s first season as head coach. So, as was the case when they fired Shanny (which I was apposed to) my concern now, is ‘who are you bringing in that is any better?’ That answer to that question for Shanny was JMcD, so……. Unless you say Cowher or Gruden, I’m skeptical.
PS-Let me know if you can tell which former Buck fathered these current Missouri Tiger guards?
Have a great day and ONE LOVE